EXAM WEEK: Diploma Exam Schedule, Diploma Practice Questions & Writing Tips!!!
Be Informed & Be Prepared!
- Part A Diplomas: January 16th to January 19th.
- Part B Diplomas: January 20th to January 30th.
- Non-Diploma Final Exam Schedule: January 2017 Exam Schedule.
When students return on January 9th from Christmas Break there will only be one week of classes before Part A Diploma Exams begin (Jan 16th to 19th) and two weeks of classes before Exam Week (January 20th to January 30th). The first Part A exam is January 16th and the last day of Gr 12 and Gr 11 (Non-POD) classes is January19th; Tuesday January 31st semester two begins.
- GRADE 9's: Exam week does not impact Grade 9 students as they run a full-year schedule and are not affected in any way.
- GRADE 10 PODS and 11-POD students are obligated to attend their four core POD classes during exam week (January 23rd to January 30th). For that week both Grade 10 PODS and the Grade 11 POD will have their core classes in the morning (8:40am – 11:30am); this is a flip for students that regularly have their POD courses in the afternoon and is done to accommodate students that travel by bus. POD students are not required to be at the school during the afternoon, however we will have classrooms with teacher support and supervision available for students who are bussed or for other reasons choose to be in the school for the entire day. This can be an excellent opportunity to study for other exams, catch up on missing work or resubmit work that requires revisions. If a POD student does have a final exam in a semester-course they will be released from class to write their exam at its scheduled time.
Diploma Exam Schedule (Scroll down to page 15 for the January 2017 Schedule): https://education.alberta.ca/media/1089189/03-dip-gib-2015-16-schedules-significant-dates.pdf
Diploma Exam Practice Questions: Exemplars, Released Materials and Examples of Standards for Students' Writing for each subject's diploma exam:
On-Line Diploma Practice Questions (Quest A+): https://questaplus.alberta.ca/PracticeMain.html#
Subject Specific Diploma Exam Preparation Guides:
- Math/Science https://education.alberta.ca/media/3272917/11-guide-for-students-2016-2017_signoff.pdf
- English 30-1 - https://education.alberta.ca/media/3272918/04-ela30-1-studentguide-2016-17_20160822.pdf
- English 30-2 - https://education.alberta.ca/media/3272969/03-ela30-2-studentguide-2016-17_20160908.pdf
- Social 30-1 -https://education.alberta.ca/media/3272887/03-ss30-1-studentguide-2016-17_20160822.pdf
- Social 30-2 - https://education.alberta.ca/media/3272882/04-ss30-2-studentguide-2016-17_20160822.pdf
THIRD PARTY RESOURCES ...
*Diploma Exam On-Line Prep Sessions: http://www.rockthediploma.com/online/index.php
*Please note: "Rock the Diploma is not an Alberta Education resource. St. Joseph's is not promoting the services they provide and rather providing information as families have inquired in past about resources that are avaiblle for Diploma Preparation. Many free resources from this service can also be found at http://www.rtdlearning.com/ It should be noted that working closely with your St. Joseph classroom teacher continues to be be vital as the Diploma Exams appraoch.
For more inforamtion on Diploma Exam writing stop by our Student Services office and speak to Mrs. Martin.